Friday, May 13, 2011

Animal Love

Sitting here staring out my window I noticed a little squirrel jumping from one branch to another on a tree next door How interesting animals are in general, and how precious they are when they are our  own special pets.   

It amazes me how emotional we can become too.  My friend, Susan has a seeing-eye dog, Mirage, who became ill the other day.  Suzy took a picture and put it on face book.  The photo brought tears to my eyes because the poor dog looked so sad and depressed.

And then there are some of the dogs in my life.  At present I have Annie, who as an orphan.  She is a Pekingese and I swore I never wanted one of those ugly dogs with a squashed nose and bulging eyes.  I talked to the people at the Humane Society and told them it was difficult for me to handle a large dog and I wondered if they ever got small dogs.  They said they very seldom did, but if they did they would call me.  I also said I did not want a puppy (I knew the problems there).  So, when they called and said they had a Pekingese puppy I said, "Oh no."  Then I asked if I could come and see it.  Guess you know what comes next.  When this sweet little ball of fur came into my arms there was no way I was going to leave it.

Annie has been a blessing in my life.  When you live alone, it is nice to have someone to talk to, someone who loves and adores you.  Someone who makes you laugh every day.

For a child there is nothing better than to have a pet, not only for the above reasons, but to teach them how to care for it.and to be responsible for something.

I have happy memories of many of my "angel pets" who will live in my memory for ever.  Barney, Molly and D.J  I could write a book about all their  shenanigans , all the sorrow I went through when they died, and all the love they gave.

Hope you all have a pet or two in your lives to bring you the joy I have found.

By the way, Annie chewed the rungs on every chair in my dining room, peed on the carpet, chewed up anything I might drop and in general was just a normal puppy. Thank heavens that period is over.

Until we meet again,
Be kind to one another

1 comment:

  1. Your Annie sounds delightful! My three cats are a lot of company to me. Like children, each has a distinct personality.

    Pets do bring us a lot of joy. They accept us as we are, love us unconditionally, and thrive on the love and attention we give them. I can't imagine my live without at least one furry kitty baby to share it with.

    ReplyDelete