Friday, May 27, 2011

Oprah''s Love Letter

                    OPRAH'S LOVE LETTER

A pretty white chair was the only object on the empty stage as Opera Winfrey, beautiful in a simple peach colored dress, walked on the stage and greeted her fans.  With a  statement, something  like this she said,  "Today there are no guests, no gifts or surprises.  Today I want to send a love letter to all the fams who have supported me over the years.  They have taught me many lessons, and I hope I have taught them many lessons also."

Oprah is a great speaker and I felt that she  gave a great summation of all the things she felt people needed to know to live a great life. Following is a list of some of the things I took away from her speech.

                    THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW

#  Every body has a calling.

#  A calling lights you up

#  Each of you has a platform, letting your life speak for you.

#  You have the power to change someone's life.

#  Use your life to save the world.

#  There is a common connection in human experience.

#  Nobody but you is responsible for your life.

#  All life is energy, the energy you create for yourself and the energy you
    create for others.

                    WHAT WE ALL WANT

Oprah stressed that a common thread running through all of us is unworthiness.  She said, "You are worthy  because you are here."
and Validation is what we all want.  We want to know, Do you see me?, Do you hear me?, Do you understand what I say?

                    WHAT MADE THE SHOW A SUCCESS?

"Nothing but the hand of God made this show a success.  The presence of God is always here.  Listen, God is Love, God is Life.
What are the whispers in your life?  Are you listening to them?
She pointed out that we all have whispers of God if we just listen Finally Oprah said, "I won't say good bye, I will just say, 'Til we meet again."

Good bye Oprah, I will miss all of your sage advice.  I may not always agree with you, but in the long run, you have more sense in your little finger that most of us have.  I wish you all the best. 
Until we meet again,
Be kind to one another,.

No comments:

Post a Comment